NOVAMINE, which develops engineering solutions to optimise the maintenance sector in mining operations, will showcase its KIMBO products at Electra Mining Africa 2014.With a focus on design through a high level of innovation, quality and safety, NOVAMINE’s Kimbo line brings a new approach to the dump body removal and install process – ‘work under support load’.
Improvement in safetyThe support load process replaces the traditional ‘work under suspended load’ method, meaning Kimbo does not use cranes during the dump body replacement process, reports NOVAMINE. This approach to change bodies represents a significant improvement in safety, due to a different risks reduction, such as risk associated to the pins removal mitigated, unexpected weather changes influences eliminated.
Safety considerationsThere is also no need for lifting devices eliminating the risk of faulty material and inadequate installation of these devices are among the other safety considerations. “In terms of the dump body maintenance and repair processes the benefits of our products are also significant in terms of efficiency, resources and effectiveness,” states NOVAMINE.
The following are the main benefits documented:
- Dump body removal and install time reduce significantly
- Personnel needed reduce considerably (x3)
- No need for the use of cranes eliminating the cost and coordination of highly demanded equipment
- Unexpected weather related delays eliminated contributing effectively to comply with maintenance event planning
- Eliminate extra costs associated with the dump body transportation system by reducing the unexpected delays
- Thus, increase truck productivity and maximise operational uptime, mitigate the operational risks, reduce costs and down times